Saturday, July 16, 2011

My mom will not stop bothering me about modeling, its driving me crazy.. what should I do?

I am 17 years old, and I've been modeling since I was 13. My mom did a couple photo shoots when she was young, but she was never an actual model because she didn't meet the height requirements. My mom has always been involved in my modeling career as she should be, but lately she's been really bothering me. When she comes to my photo shoots he stands behind the photographer and starts posing (trying to get me to follow her instruction) Its really distracting for me and bothers me a lot. She hardly lets me go to photo shoots by myself, but I'm a lot more confident posing etc. when she's not around. I tried explaining that to her, and she took it very personally (we got in a huge fight about it) and still continues to come. She also is always asking me "what kind of exercise have you done today?" and sometimes when I'm snacking she gives me bad looks. She'll also tell me a bunch of weight loss tips. When she says these things it makes me feel as if she thinks im fat (Im 5'11" 135 lbs. which im pretty sure isn't fat.) She is also always telling me to go practice my poses and runway. I understand that I need to practice, but when she is constantly telling me this it is very bothersome to me. I know she is trying to help, but it just stresses me out, and makes me feel like she thinks I'm not a good enough poser or walker as is. What should I do???

No comments:

Post a Comment